Monday, April 19, 2010

Simple and Easy

Last friday evening I had a completely joyful mood to cook. So thought would do something easy and different. I looked into my freezer and saw that I had few cups of corn pellets and peas left. Aha!! An idea. Why not try different sabzi instead of the standard aaloo stuff. This is what I did


1. I took a kadai and pour 3 tsp olive oil (Here I use that. Any other usual oil can be used). Added some cumin seeds (Jeeragam), waited for it to start frying.
2. Then I added finely chopped onions (aroung 1 cup) and chopped green chillies (2). Along with it added some ginger-garlic paste, 1 tbsp garam masala powder, 1 tsp coriander powder, 1 tsp cumin powder, 1 tsp chilli powder, a pinch of hing (perungayam) and salt to taste.
3. Once they are fried nicely, I added aroung 3 tbsp of tomato puree and mixed them well. Then along with all this added around 1 cup peas and 1 cup corn pellets.
4. I added a big glass of water and allowed it to boil the vegetables. Finally added few coriander leaves and here is what I got.........

No comments:

Post a Comment